Ask Andy #1
- Do you have any good book recommendations?
This question was a class effort. Got a variety of responses such as:
- Precious Gifts by Danielle Steel
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Days by Salman Rushdie
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Will I ever use what I learn in math class in real life?
This could be viewed as an unpopular opinion, but I mean, yes, you will use math in real life. I’m not saying you’re going to use the quadratic formula everyday, but last week I learned how to maintain a good credit score, which will be extremely helpful. It really just depends what kind of math classes you take and how you interpret it.
- What is the healthiest thing to eat?
Hmm. The question I’d be better at answering would be what is the least healthiest thing to eat…
- So is this like Brainpop?
No, this is not like Brainpop. It’s an open questionnaire for DHS students.
- Is it normal for me to constantly fighting with my mom?
Yes, this is normal. Everyone goes through a time when no matter what, you and your parents just can’t seem to get along, and trust me, it’s going to be brutal and you’re going to feel like you should run away, but it is truly just a phase, and it will pass. Try and listen to what she is saying and understand why so you can really try and solve the problem at hand, instead of just blowing her off.
- Do you think that Lanschool should be used?
Honestly, I get why Lanschool is used. If I was a teacher, and was in the middle of teaching a lesson, and then I look around the room and see every students eyes glued to their screen as well as having headphones in, I’d be pissed. So I’d Lanschool them. And probably project their screen for the class.
- Did you ever play Club Penguin when you were younger?
When I was younger?